Duration of contract:
1 year, with possibility of renewal
May require infrequent travels in-country.
Full time position (%FTE):
Full Time (100% FTE)
Friends for International Tuberculosis Relief (FIT) is a registered non-profit organization working in the field of tuberculosis (TB) prevention and care, service delivery, research, technical assistance and advocacy. FIT is a young, dynamic and growing organization. FIT now has over 30 office-based staff working across five cities in Viet Nam. We work in close collaboration with Provincial and National TB Programmes and other in-country partners to implement projects funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 program, the Stop TB Partnership’s TB REACH initiative, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, UNITAID and Johnson & Johnson. We have also have multiple active research partnerships, including with the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine in the UK, the Karolinska Institutet in Sweden, the KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation in the Netherlands, and Ceres Nanosciences and SureAdhere Mobile Technology in the United States. FIT staff have supported the implementation of other TB programs in South and Southeast Asia, and represented Viet Nam at multiple regional and international forums on TB technical assistance. Finally, FIT was chosen to represent civil society organizations from Viet Nam at regional events and at multiple events in the lead up to and during the United Nations High Level Meeting on TB in New York City.
In collaboration with the National TB Control Program (NTP), FIT is helping to build a comprehensive Search-Treat-Prevent TB program across five cities in Viet Nam (Ho Chi Minh City, Ha Noi, Hai Phong, Can Tho and Hoi An). In the short term, we are aiming to 1) increase TB detection and treatment in key populations, such as household contacts, children and people visiting private healthcare providers; 2) provide social support and adherence monitoring options to improve TB treatment outcomes; and 3) scale up TB infection screening and treatment services. We hope these efforts will lead to declines in Viet Nam’s TB burden over the medium and long term.
This position will support the office administration and grant implementation in Hai Phong City. Our organization is growing quickly and we are searching for a highly qualified, independent, experienced and motivated Admin Officer who can support the Hai Phong Office as we continue to grow and expand TB services in the city.
- Coordinate with HR Officer to maintain record confidentiality and personnel documents including all contracts, conflict of interest declarations, training certificates, etc.;
- Ensure that company protocol is followed for new hires;
- Process financial claims for approval by the Project Managers and Directors;
- Coordinate with the finance team to ensure compliance with policy, facilitate the transfer of documents, and meet audit requirements;
- Obtain quotations for supplies according to the organization’s procurement policy;
- Coordinate supply procurement & inventory management for the Hai Phong office;
- Maintain the fixed asset register in Hai Phong;
- Coordinate printing of program documents either in-house or through third-party vendors;
- Liaise with admin staff in Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh City to transport documents and supplies between cities;
- File documents ensuring that the protocols outlined in ethical approval applications are followed;
- Prepare meeting agendas and record meeting minutes to be shared across offices;
- Translate program documents from Vietnamese to English and/or English to Vietnamese; Assist with EN-VN-EN interpretation as and when required.
- Work with the technical staff in charge to assist in drafting summaries of project activities (in assigned project areas) in English for donor reporting;
- Assist with drafting summaries of project activities and results for government partners;
- Photograph local events, categorize and store photos;
- Assist Project Managers to prepare monthly social media posts about the activities being conducted in Hai Phong;
- Coordinate travel arrangements for staff traveling to/from Hai Phong;
- Support the implementation of all grants awarded to the organization;
- Assist Project Managers with any additional administrative work;
- Other similar tasks as needed.
- At least 3 years of admin experience
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity and comfort with using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility across a range of field- and office-related tasks
- Good attitude, self-motivated, and ability to work well individually as well as in teams
- Highly motivated, willing to learn, service-oriented and able to work under high pressure and within a limited time frame
- Prior experience as an Administrative Assistant strongly preferred
- Fluent in Vietnamese
- Excellent working knowledge of written and spoken English
Applications should include:
- A cover letter
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Photocopy of related certification
- Two employment references (Name, Phone Number, Email Address)
How to submit an application:
- By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subject: “Application for Admin Officer Hai Phong”
- No later than 15 April 2021
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Full benefits will be included in the compensation package.
All applications will be carefully considered, but only short-listed applicants will be interviewed.
If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, this means your application was unsuccessful.
FIT is an equal opportunity employer.